Sunday 30 August 2009

Better off as who?


IN an earlier posting, responding to a piece in The Times, I got my undergarments in a tangle over the identity and school career of Old Blue pop prodigy Frankmusik.

Have now stumbled upon this rather good News of the World interview (with enjoyable embedded videos) which clears up most of the confusion.

Yes, he really was expelled from three schools before reaching secondary age, "thanks to a devastating combination of hyperactivity and dyslexia."

And yes, he was indeed Vincent Turner (Ma A, Gr E 97-04), but has since changed his surname to Frank, the name his grandfather was known by.

Of CH, he says:

"You know what? It was a great experience. I was always fiercely independent so though I hated it at first, I grew to love it. It was a wicked school."

All of which means I was wildly off-target last time round. Apologies for doubting you, Vincent.

No comments: